The following is part two of a three-part series written by Matthew Ruggieri, founder of The Motley, a men’s grooming site. I’m happy Matt is able to share this great information with us and I hope you gents will get plenty of use out of this series.
As always, please share your thoughts and questions in the comments section directly below this article! We love hearing from you.
Part II: Hair Care
- Wet hair with warm water Hot water causes excess oil secretions and cold water does not allow the shampoo to activate.
- Apply a dime-sized amount of shampoo to your hair.
- Cleanse hair in a circular motion, focusing on the scalp, for 1-3 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat The first shampoo loosens dirt from the scalp and prepares it for a proper wash.
- Rinse The better the rinse, the healthier the hair because residue creates problems at the scalp.
- Don’t skip the conditioner it moisturizes the hair and protects the scalp.
- Apply a dime-sized amount evenly from root to tip.
- Leave it If time permits, let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Rise with cool water This seals the hair follicle shut.
- Dry Do not rub your hair dry. This causes unnecessary breakage. Shake excess water from your head, then rub your hair in the direction of growth with a towel. This will take a few extra minutes, but you will notice a difference after a couple of hair cuts.
- If you must blow dry, leave hair slightly damp to avoid over drying.
To read the article in full or learn more about Effortless Gent, visit http://www.effortlessgent.com/maintenance-101-part-ii-hair-care/